Sunday 15 July 2012

Day 52 - A&E Visit

Well yesterday didn't turn out as expected!

All day Friday I had been suffering with strong heart palpatations and shortness of breath, and so when I woke up yesterday morning still feeling the same, I phoned the doctor to see what he would advise. I'd never suffered with heart palpatations for this length of time before, and so thought it best to get it checked out.


The doctor advised me to go to A&E have an ECG test to see if there were any problems. Luckily after the ECG test, and various blood pressure tests, I was advised nothing was showing on the tests, and that it was more than likely down to working myself up too much. I had had a very stressful week, and so think this played a strong part in me feeling that way.

The doctor advised me to take it slow over the next couple of days, so that is what I shall do. Having heart palpatations is a horrible feeling, and I feel for anyone who suffers with them regularly. I still have them at the moment, but they are nowhere near as strong as they were. Not the way I wanted to spend my Saturday!

So, that is why there was no weigh in blogpost yesterday. I spent my day with the family, and went for a stroll down to a local village fayre where we played tombola, and chatted with people we hadn't seen in a long time. It was the distraction I needed.

Because of this, the last few days, I've not really concentrated on what I was eating or even thinking about if it was good or bad for me. But that changes now. The diet is back on, and properly. I have just ordered our groceries online, to stop me from impulse buying and going down that dreaded chocolate and sweets isle... and I have made sure to order plently of fruit and vegetables.

Today I will mostly be catching up on some TV programmes, and going to a BBQ at my parents. More distractions!!

Hope you are all having a good weekend!

Ellie x

No comments:

Post a Comment